Pic is not so pretty (it was hot here today), but trust me, these are GOOD.
Anyone reading my blog for a while now knows I have a fondness for recipes inspired by a certain tasty candy bar. Continuing in that tradition, this week I whipped up a batch of chocolate ice pops studded with maraschino cherries, chopped peanuts and coconut. Best part? They’re dairy free !
This recipe made 6 pops using the mold I have.
In a saucepan over low-medium heat, warm the following:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage (I used So Delicious brand)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or other sweetener of your choosing)
Once the peanut butter and honey have melted and all the ingredients are well blended, remove from heat and stir in:
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
Pour into molds and freeze over night.