You may have noticed a little theme running through my last few posts. I am on my second year entering the Canadian Lentil Recipe Revelations Challenge put on by http://www.lentils.ca/ . Last year I had a lot of fun developing recipes and it truly did challenge me to come up with new ways to use lentils, an ingredient I keep in my pantry in all varieties for soups, salads and mains. Last year’s entries included Picadillo Lentil Chimichangas, a Candied Lentil and Pomegranate Salad, Lentil Coconut Shrimp, a Mango Smoothie and Black Forest Cheesecake Crepes.
This year, I am entering once again all five categories:
- Lentil Pastitsio (for main dishes)
- Blood Orange, Fennel and Lentil Salad (for salads)
- Flourless Cinnamon Chocolate Cake with Coffee Cream (for baked goods/desserts)
- Savory Spinach and Sweet Potato Waffles (for the freestyle category)
- French Lentil and Brie Tarts (for appetizers)
I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s comments and hope you try some of these out for yourself. If you are so inclined, please drop by the Lentil Revelations Challenge over on Pinterest and check out my entries and show a little love. There are loads of fantastic posts on there, its great to see everyone’s creative juices flowing!