This is a dip I whipped up on the weekend and froze a large portion of for later. I wanted something that used a mix of spring vegetables in a creamy dip with an Italian flavor. This would be great for any occasion, but perfect to make ahead to welcome guests for Easter dinner while you are finishing things up in the kitchen.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 asparagus stalks, woody ends removed + olive oil for roasting
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian herb blend
- salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Toss asparagus in olive oil and place in pan in oven for about 10 minutes to lightly roast. Remove and allow to cool, then chop into small pieces.
Use your mixer to blend together cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir in remaining ingredients, including the roasted asparagus. Place in oven proof baking dish, laid on a pizza pan to collect any bubbly cheese overflow. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden and bubbling.
Serve with crackers, bread sticks or whatever else you choose.