A special thank you to Cheergerm for this award! Check out her lovely blog here: http://cheergerm.wordpress.com/
The rules for acceptance of this award (from Cheergerm’s blog) are this:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for your new fancy schmancy award, and be sure to include a link back to their site in your acceptance speech. You know, thank all the little people.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself
3. Pass on the award to 13 other versatile bloggers.
All in good fun. No worries, this is not a chain letter. No wait! All your souffles will deflate and your cookies will be tough if you do not reblog by midnight !!!
I kid. Here are my 7 random facts, in no real order of importance:
- I am a breast cancer survivor (although I am uncomfortable with that descriptor). In September 2010 I was diagnosed with Stage 2, Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. I underwent surgery, 6 rounds of chemotherapy and radiation.
- I have always loved to cook, and especially to bake, but had stopped for a while (I still made cookies during chemo though!). A baking contest (my first ever!) in 2012 got me excited about cooking again, and later, this blog was born.
- My favorite quote about baking comes from the movie “Stranger Than Fiction”, when Maggie Gyllenhaal’s character is talking about why she quit law school “I figured if I was going to change the world, I’d do it with cookies”.
- I grew up wanting to become a concert pianist and played the piano for many years, quitting during my teenage years and butting heads with my teacher. It’s still one of my big regrets in life, but instilled a life-long love of music.
- I have never traveled outside North America, but I hope to someday see Machu Picchu or walk the Camino trail. For now, I travel in part through food!
- I own a Martin Cougar competition bow and love archery.
- My happy place is anywhere near or on the water.
OK! There’s a small peek into who I am 😉 And now, to pass the award along to 13 other bloggers that I follow (I’m going to stick to wordpress blogs):
And also check out Cheergerm’s list of bloggers on her site too 🙂